Driving Tips to Avoid Road Accidents
– Drivers must remain alert at all times, since accidents are very likely to occur in the split-second when drivers lose their attention.
– Drivers must scan the road ahead and around the car and be aware of their surroundings.
– Drivers must keep a sufficient distance between them and the car in front in order to anticipate sudden stops, and they must increase that distance at high speeds.
– It is advisable to drive slowly at night and when the weather is rainy or windy.
– When changing lanes, drivers must look over their shoulder to cover any blind spots in the mirrors. They must also adjust their side mirrors to cover the width of the entire lanes beside them.
– It is completely prohibited to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or when the driver is tired or distracted.
– Night driving can be dangerous for unexperienced drivers. Slowing down and shifting your gaze from the headlights of oncoming cars can make a big difference.
– Wearing your seat belt is mandatory, since seat belts have been proven to reduce impact force and save lives.